Shed Design – Customised Building Specialists is who we are, and supplying NZ pre-engineered custom designed buildings is what we do.
- Shed Design – Use and Placement
To help decide what size building you need, ask yourself these questions:
- What is your shed going to be used for?
- What will your needs be in 20 years’ time?
- Could it end up being your retirement hobby area?
- Where is the shed going to be placed?
- Is the area you have big enough for your new shed?
- Are there any Council bylaws you will need to consider on the placement of your new shed on your property?
- If your shed is for storing machinery, have you got enough room for access and easy manouvering of machinery especially in front of the shed.
- Simple things like building your shed away from trees will also ensure your guttering is kept free of obstructions.
- If you are debating whether to add an extra bay now, or if you should leave it until later; keep in mind it is far more economical to do the whole shed at once because you will save on building consent fees, delivery and install.
- Shed Design – Size
Depending on the proposed use of the shed, the factors you should consider when designing your shed:
- Width – is your building going to be deep enough to fit the length of the items you need to put in it? Eg; your car, ute or boat, maybe a caravan, camper of even a truck
- Roof Height – depending on what you are going to store in your shed, you will need to ensure you have enough roof height to accommodate everything comfortably.
- Number and size of Bays – Basically the number of bays in your building will depend of the amount of gear you need to put in it. The size and the height of the bays will depend of the size of that gear. Note: Specialised Structures can make bays of any size and height.
- Clearspan – Do you need a clearspan building? If not it maybe more economical to have centre posts.
- Access – Roller Doors, Personnel Doors, open front bays.
- Door Placement – If your shed is for storing machinery, you may also want to consider traffic flow patterns inside the building to determine door placement.
- Lighting – clear lighting, open bays, roller doors, windows.
- Ventilation – If you are building an animal shelter, you will need to ensure livestock are kept comfortable and healthy with natural ventilation.
- Shed Design – Materials your shed is built out of.
Here at Specialised Structures our buildings can be designed from a wide range of materials.
Most small to medium sheds in NZ, the framing is either lightweight cold rolled steel or of timber pole construction.
The team at Specialised Structures were pioneers of the lightweight cold rolled steel building design and construction in NZ. Their knowledge and experience in this product is second to none.
Specialised Structures not only offer timber pole sheds, but they are the only company in NZ which offer pre-engineered Laminated Timber Portal Buildings.
For the Industrial and Commercial customer, as well as the above, Specialised Structures offers Structural Steel Construction along with Concrete Tiltpanels. Various fire rating systems can easily be incorporated into any of our buildings.
All Specialised Structures buildings can be clad with almost any cladding type a customer desires, to give their building the exact look they are after.
- Shed Design – Budget
Specialised Structures will design your building to fit your budget. Our aim is to give you the most economical building to fit your requirements.
A great way to save costs is to erect the building yourself … Specialised Structure’s kitsets are affordable and we can supply you, or your builder, a construction pack with everything you need. You have full control over your kitset building project.
Remember Specialised Structures has a large range of building types and sizes, and they can customise any building to any size and look you require.
To give you a good idea on cost and building design, chat to one of our Specialised Structure’s merchants today. You can contact them here or give us a call on 0508 787 828.